After you have completed the initial interviews to find the perfect car accident lawyer for your personal injury claim, there are still procedures to follow to establish a good working relationship between you and your car accident lawyer and to assist him to doing the best for you and your case. Firstly it is important that your car accident lawyer is able to a complete an accurate assessment of your individual case which will benefit you greatly if and when it progresses to a court hearing. Ensure you give him a comprehensive and accurate relay of events. Explain the driving conditions, the initial impact and subsequent happenings of the accident itself. Give all the necessary details of each person involved in the accident. Include those, if any, that were in the car with you, any pedestrians involved and other vehicles. Give your auto crash lawyer a written record of all the vehicles registrations and details of any witnesses present.
Explain your hospital and surgery visits and any medication you were prescribed. Give your vehicle accident lawyer copies of all medical reports and receipts. Keep a diary of any pain and suffering that has occurred since the accident that may be related. If you find yourself out of work due to the extent Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer of your injuries keep all evidence of this for your vehicle accident lawyer to inspect. There are other questions that you may ask your car accident lawyer about the management of your particular case. These can involve questions about whether the car accident lawyer himself takes personal responsibility or will it be delegated. You may want to know who will be handling all the court appearances and which ones you need to be present for. Ask your car attorney about how he can be contacted during the case and if you will receive progress reports as it develops. Determine the roles and responsibilities of the additional professionals what will be assigned to your case. It is important that you keep yourself informed of the dealings of your car accident lawyer and his opinion on each concern as it emerges.
This will assist you in remaining confident and up to date with the car accident lawyer's approach and your role in each step.
· What is the time span involved until my case completion?
· Do you feel it can be settled out of court?
· As a car attorney, what is your professional opinion of my case now?
· What, if any, are the difficulties that have to be overcome?
· Is there a possibility of negotiation involved?
· How much of a settlement is likely in this case?
· Of all the injury lawsuits that you handle each year, what percentage do you obtain settlement for?
· What percentage of the cases you take end up in the courtroom?
To ensure that your car attorney can carry out the case to the best of his abilities it is wise to inform him of any additional things that you can think of as the case progresses.
Statistics show that most Americans will be in at least one car accident during their lifetime, and car accidents are also the leading cause of death for people 34 years old and younger. These facts can be attributed to a lot of things: drunk driving, cell phone use while behind the wheel, failure to wear seatbelts. Whatever the reasons, the fact remains that you yourself may be involved in a auto accident when you least expect it.
With this in mind, here are 8 important Dos and Don'ts for auto accident victims. These tips can help guide you should you be involved in an auto accident and might be thinking of hiring a car accident lawyer.
4 Dos for Car Accident Victims
1. Seek medical treatment after the accident if you are injured. Adrenaline or shock might make you feel like you're just fine, but you still need a doctor to confirm that you're okay. If you're not feeling well, describe to your physician the injuries you have. Don't exaggerate. Just make sure you completely relate what you've been through and where you need help.
2. If asked by your doctor to come back for a recheck, do so. Again, you might feel like you're already okay, but. It's best to follow doctor's orders
3. Have all your medical bills billed to your health insurance company. The at-fault insurance company will eventually pay the bills but that doesn't happen until the case is settled. In the meantime, your health insurance company will handle your medical bills.
4. Take pictures that show any property damage your vehicle has due to the accident. It's good practice to have visual evidence of the damage for documentation purposes.
4 Don'ts for Car Accident Victims
1. Don't give a recorded statement of what happened to anyone without first consulting with a car accident lawyer. This is only to make sure you don't say anything that might negatively affect your case should you decide to pursue a claim.
2. Don't sign authorizations for the release of your medical records. Again, without proper legal advice from an expert car accident lawyer, signing anything is never a good idea. Before you give anybody authorization to do anything, make sure you completely understand your rights.
3. However tempting, don't post anything about the accident or your injuries on any social networking sites. Under no circumstances tweet or post on Facebook about how you were in a car accident, unless you get prior approval from a car accident lawyer. Try not to share any accident information with anyone.
4. Don't write about the accident, your injuries, or medical treatment in your diary or journal. Again, don't create any written or recorded account of your experience without consulting with a car accident lawyer. This is not because you're thinking of filing a lawsuit, but just to make sure you don't do anything that might sabotage your claim in case you do decide you want to file one.
Unfortunately, auto accidents are a fact of life for Americans. Nobody wants to be involved in one, but the fact still remains that the more you know, the better decisions you can make. Consulting with a car accident lawyer is just one way of making sure you have all the information you need.